Wednesday 6 October 2010

Matchmaker, Matchmaker

In my usual fashion of taking credit for things I had very little or nothing to do with, I think it's probably worth mentioning that two of my friends announced their engagement last night. This would not normally be remarkable, after all it seems that half the people I know are suddenly getting married at the moment, except that it turns out that I introduced these two back in the deep dark depths of time when we were all back in university. Truly, I had no idea that introducing pancake girl and the blob would lead to marriage, but I can't help feeling more than a little bit proud.
So here's to you, blob, and to you, pancake girl, and to an exciting future.
My ego stirs me to point out that my record is pretty good so far, and that I have my little bottle of sulphur and some woodchips ready, and that all you single friends of mine are more than welcome to turn up to my place for my weekly dinners. You never can tell, and at least you'll be fed.

4 comments:

Alethea said...

Careful with the open invitations Tom, I might start sending all my nerdlings to you...

UnwiseOwl said...

They're totally welcome. I like your nerdlings, remember?

Michael5000 said...

WEDDING SPEECH!! WEDDING SPEECH!!!!

Sylvia said...

Since when was he blob? That's a nickname I hadn't heard yet.